2019 First Friday - November Eric Henderson
Southwest Gwinnett Chamber First Friday
When developing a relationship with another individual, it's fair to say that some time is needed before you begin to share private information with the other party. That said, many social media sites expect a user to completely forgo this exploratory process, taking it upon good faith that the developers of the site have created an environment in which this information can be shared securely.
Unfortunately, this is not always the case; and with information on expansive data breaches continuing to surface, users may quickly discover that their perceived trust with these organizations is easily violated. Corporate Data is a serious issue. Learn how you can protect yourself and your business.
- The four basic principles that cybersecurity was originally founded upon
- Key events in the Early 2000s that sparked a shift in proactive security measures
- Understanding how hacking groups built business models around CryptoLocker viruses
- What the hacking industry’s current low barrier to entry means for the everyday web user
- Defining a new standard of security for tomorrow, while successfully implementing the innovations of today
- How the personal security of employees can mitigate an organization’s overall risk
- Trending scams that are steadily gaining traction
- The importance of creating a culture of IT vigilance
Eric is Vice President of Technology with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in IT Service Management and Technical Leadership. Strong information technology professional with a Bachelor of Science focused in Business Administration and Management, General from Georgia Institute of Technology.